One of the most important part of any movement is voicing our concerns. I acknowledge that it is not the easiest of the choices but it's one which has the power. Power to create a movement. Power to give courage to someone else who was looking for another voice. Power to support. Power to make thing happen. Voice concerns. #AskForIt
#AskingForIt is a term that trickled through time. To everything that a woman faces, I still see a question mark on peoples' faces which mildly suggest "may be she was asking for it" - in some of the best people I meet. So this new year, lets decide to change the narrative. #AskForIt
#AskingForIt is a term that trickled through time. To everything that a woman faces, I still see a question mark on peoples' faces which mildly suggest "may be she was asking for it" - in some of the best people I meet. So this new year, lets decide to change the narrative. #AskForIt
- Anti-sexual harassment policy
- If your organization has more than 10 members of any gender, you should have this policy place. If you are part of any educational institution, company especially start-up - you can request to see this policy. #AskForIt
- Create a policy if there isn't one
- If there isn't one place, offer to make one. There are online templates available. Or reach out to any pro-bono lawyer and suggest a draft version to your co-founders. #AskForIt
- Internal Complaints Committee
- Your company must have an internal complaints committee to handle issues. Ensure you know who they are, ensure there are woman on that committee, with equal representation. #AskForIt
- Performance Management and maternity leave
- As per law, maternity leave cannot change conditions of employment. One of the conditions of employment is a bonus payout. You can also reset your OKRs with your manager in writing. Ensure you #AskForIt
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_Harassment_of_Women_at_Workplace_(Prevention,_Prohibition_and_Redressal)_Act,_2013
http://www.helplinelaw.com/1/METB/maternity-benefits-act-1961-act-under-the-maternity-benefits-act-1961.html
It's important to know what all you can ask for. I am working on sourcing such information. If any of you know have worked on something like this, would request you to share.
Saraswati
No comments:
Post a Comment